About the Total Myopia Program
Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, can blur distant objects for your child. We’re committed to providing all-encompassing myopia control solutions for every child, which is why we’ve engaged the Total Myopia program.
The Total Myopia program helps our dedicated team to use modern techniques to assess and manage myopia progression with personalized strategies for every patient, like:
- Personalized eye drops, soft multifocal contacts, and overnight lenses
- A coordinated procedure with regular follow-up meetings to allow constant medical scrutiny and management for preserving ultimate eye health
- Evaluations tailored to the individualized treatment scheme of each patient
- Comprehensive training on correct usage, insertion, and removal of contact lenses
- A sustained upkeep regimen for myopia control, targeting lasting results
Reach out to schedule an appointment today, and let’s start your child’s journey to myopia control.
Understanding Myopia Control
Myopia control plays an essential role in preserving your child’s clear vision and even their eye health.
It employs a variety of techniques and treatments to help restrict the advancement of myopia. We provide a thorough understanding of myopia for you and your child so you both have the information you need to manage it.
Myopia in Children
Parents need to understand the relationship between clear vision and successful learning. Myopia can present hurdles for children by influencing their concentration on their surroundings, affecting their academic accomplishments.
The symptoms and signs of myopia in children can manifest in many ways, such as:
- Squinting to see faraway objects
- Blurry vision when viewing distant objects
- Eye strain
If these signs appear in your child, a comprehensive eye exam with our team can help in determining the ideal myopia management approach.
What Is the Total Myopia Program?
Through our Total Myopia program, we create a myopia control method personalized to your child’s needs.
Some myopia control methods can include:
- MiSight 1 day lenses, which use ActivControl technology to help correct and decelerate myopia progression in children aged 8–12 years old at the beginning of their treatment.
- Low-dose atropine drops, shown to be effective for myopia control in children between 8 and 18.
- Orthokeratology contact lenses, which flatten the cornea overnight to provide clear vision when they’re removed in the morning. The effects are temporary, but they can help reduce myopia progression with consistent use.
Find Support for Your Child’s Myopia Today
With strategies to manage myopia progression, our team at Seal Beach Eyes is here to support your child. We believe in enhancing your child’s life quality through personalized eye care.
Contact us to schedule your appointment and start managing myopia today.